Monday, August 17, 2020

Pattern enlarged, fabrics chosen

One of my least favorite things in the quilting process is enlarging a pattern. At this point it is drawn in pencil and will need to be drawn over in black marker. 


This time of day it is hard to get a good photo on my design wall that is between 2 windows. So the fabrics always look washed out in the afternoon in a photo. It's a great place for the design wall since I can look at the wall from the hallway outside of my sewing room. So I can get pretty far away from any quilt and see things like contrast and design easily. 
A close up of the sky and moon gives a better idea of the sky fabric. The initial fabric I picked for my moon turned out to be too small. This one is a Stonehenge fabric. The other one was one I had printed at Spoonflower. But it is too small so the Stonehenge fabric will do the trick. The moon from the Stonehenge fabric really glows against the sky fabric!

Thanks for reading. I am now getting excited and back into the groove of quilting.
Chris

3 comments:

  1. the moon fabric looks lovely hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time and I've missed seeing your work. I take it you're quilting mojo left the room. Glad it is coming back. Luckily I've only had a few days where I wasn't in the mood to quilt. Thanks goodness we have something that keeps us entertained and fulfilled. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have quite a bit of fabric from the Stonehenge line, bought when I was looking for something that looked like smooth rocks with grain lines. Would not have made the leap to see it as potential moon fabric. It really does pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.