Friday, October 30, 2020

The end is near

I am really near the end of the design phase of this Halloween quilt. A lot of the pumpkin faces have been painted, the window mullions have been drawn, and the raven has been chosen and placed. Pumpkins have been known to fall off and disappear into the black hole in my sewing room. I have had to re-cut some of the smaller pumpkins. 

I even started cleaning up the sewing room and putting away fabrics that I did not use. It's a little sad. It's almost like nearing the end of a great novel. Although my husband keeps suggesting more things to add....a snake, a spider, a rat. Yikes!!!!!! Maybe I need a werewolf hiding by the house....

Now I have to start thinking about how I am going to quilt this and what title I will come up with.

  • "This is Halloween" from Nightmare before Christmas
  • "Season of the Witch" by Donovan
  • "Night creatures calling"
  • "Under the moon light"
  • "Something lurking in the dark"
  • "It's close to midnight"
  • "Shadow of the moon"
  • "Shrouded by the night"
Quilt is 30 in wide by 45 in tall

Closeup showing the cat and the pumpkin faces

Close up showing window mullions
 
I made my first artisan loaf of bread for the season. It was delicious.
 
 
I made my husband an upside down apple pie for his birthday. You can see he already had a huge piece.



 
 
Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie.

Chris

5 comments:

  1. Those cat eyes seem to glow--and the pumpkin faces are really neat...
    nice job on this...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "this is Halloween" for a title. I second Julierose's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific. I like the way the pumpkins and windows seem to glow. I like "Something Lurking in the Dark".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spooky! Perhaps an homage to the Rocky Horror Picture Show and title "Let's Do the Time Warp." It feels like every haunted castle home you know you shouldn't enter. I'm particularly impressed with how well you have captured the perspective. Another title occurred to me while typing... "If You Dare"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.