Tuesday, October 27, 2020

To raven or not to raven.....

That is today's question. My husband suggested that I needed to add a raven to the quilt. I have tried 2 different ones. The first one is flying in to land on the fence post.


The second one is sitting on the fence post.

I know which one I'm leaning towards. What do you think? In either case they will have an orange eye. The one on the fence post already has an eye.

Or maybe both birds? Or if I use both do I need to add a third smaller and more distant one since it's better to do odd numbers. It’s a pretty empty part of the quilt.



I have painted more faces and painted the orange eyes in the black cat near the gate. I painted a big orange blob and then used a marker to correct the eye shape. I thought that was pretty clever. I tried cutting fabric, but that did not work since the eye is very small. I still have more pumpkin faces to do for the really distant pumpkins. At this point I am using a pin dipped in paint to make the facial features. Those distant pumpkins are darker than they appear on the photo. Photos tend to skew the values.


Thanks for reading and your input. 
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm all for the fence post one...("Quoth the Raven -Nevermore..")
    I think one is enough; and quilting in the sky can make cloud formations if you think it is too empty...there is a lot going on.
    Looking really fantastic, Chris...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a lover of Raven and Spooky things I vote sitting Raven!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.