Monday, November 9, 2020

Thinning the herd and other tweaks

I'm not done yet! I was a bit distracted this past week and did not really work on the quilt a whole lot. Nonetheless the tweaking stage has started with some major decisions being made.
  • I decided to reduce the number of pumpkins (thinning the herd).
  • I decided the size of the pumpkins needed to get dramatically smaller as they wound up the path. So I downsized a lot of them. The ones near the mansion are really small now! I may need to repaint the faces of some of the pumpkins.
  • I decided the pumpkins close to the haunted mansion had to be even darker and nearly fade away.
  • I decided to make a lighted archway for the pumpkin to go to rather than going nowhere as before so the path was rerouted.
 
 
 
Close up

 
Thanks for reading. 
Chris














2 comments:

  1. I like the size changes...really looks good; and the lighted archway...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been working hard on this. I thought it was terrific before but your tweaks have had an impact. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.