Friday, October 1, 2021

And I thought that taking a week to create a building was a long time!

These brownstones have really kept me busy. I have been working on them for more than a month although it feels more like a year. 

You can tell how much I've struggled by seeing how many pieces are stuck on the right side of the design wall. Plus I have reached the point of losing my scissors, tweezers, pencils, and pieces that have been cut out. You know it's bad when that happens!!!

At any rate I am finally nearing the end of this set of buildings. I still have upper trim to add that falls between the red purple lower part and the blue purple upper part of the brownstones. I also have the side walk and the decision about whether to add the street light. Or maybe even add the bicycle. Not sure they are really needed. Here's the original photo.


Here's where I am on the quilt. Please note that things are not positioned accurately at this point. I need to take it off of the design wall to do that. The railings for the stairs will probably have to be stitched in. I will see how skinny the railing pieces will be to decide if I can make them out of fabric. 

Buildings will fall below the brownstones so parts of the brownstones will be cut off. I think the next bunch of buildings will be easier. At least I hope so.


Any thoughts? 
Thanks for reading.
Linking to Nina-Marie.
Chris


5 comments:

  1. This piece is coming along beautifully! I like the bicycle in the photo but I have my doubts about it working for your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The intricacies in this piece are amazing. I applaud your tenacity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got my award for persistence after the first buildings. Now you're in the running for the insanely difficult award. I only wish you worked faster so I could see the wonderful finished product sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness that's a lot of detail work. You're doing great! I'd vote for you to receive Jo's insanely difficult award too. No kidding!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.