Friday, January 21, 2022

A duck with a story

My sister who lives in Texas recently mentioned to my other sister who lives in Michigan that she fondly remembers a duck that I sewed for her when she was sick.  I guess it wasn't very big and was stuffed with cotton balls. I don't remember the incident at all. I have no idea what this duck looked like. Apparently she loved this duck, but my mother threw it away as was typical of my mother. 

I had received a child's sewing machine for Christmas when I was in grade school so I'm guessing I sewed the duck on that. I'm sure it was pretty primitive, but she remembers it because I made it for her when she was sick. Her birthday is January 26 so I made a duck to send to her. I'm sure this one is much more elaborate than the one I made 60 years ago. Hopefully she'll love it. It came out very cute. It's made from polar fleece and is about 6 inches long.

The duck is from a pattern I bought on Etsy. 
My Michigan sister said that my Texas  sister would probably laugh when she received the duck. Sure enough when she saw the duck today she laughed. She said she loved that little duck. It's 60 years later and she still remember how it hurt when our mother threw it away. 

Thanks for reading.
Chris
Linking to Nina-Marie.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thing for you to do. Spreading joy is what life's all about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.