Friday, June 24, 2022

Feels good to be working on this quilt again

The last 2 weeks have been fun getting back into working on the Boston collage quilt. I did struggle as usual with picking fabrics, but I think I've actually enjoyed the struggle. 

I have picked all the background fabrics for this next set of buildings. In this photo the fabrics are rough cut and oversized. The fabric draped across the bottom is just to see if I have fabrics that are darker for the bottom 2 buildings. Yes only 2 more buildings at the bottom after this set. Of course I have the brownstones that run from the top to the bottom of the quilt along the left side to do as well, but I feel like I'm getting there.


I also tried out some tiny bits of fabric to see what fabrics would work for details like windows on each building.


Then I finally made some of the buildings. Now we are getting somewhere!


So I feel like I had a productive and fun week. I feel good about this!!

I have to drop off my Charles Bridge quilt to the Images show on Monday. So I am excited about that as well. 

Dawn on the Charles Bridge. 36 inches by 36 inches

Linking to Nina-Marie

Thanks for reading.

Chris

3 comments:

  1. You have mastered the architectural quilt. I particularly like the atmosphere you created with the Charles Bridge quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so much in awe. Both quilts are terrific. Els Mommers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.