Friday, July 1, 2022

The pile of test scaps is growing

 

The pile of test scraps on my floor below my design wall is growing. I use little snippets of fabrics to see what fabrics I want to use for windows and other building features. As I struggle with my choices and keep trying more and more fabrics the pile grows exponentially. I keep the snippets in case I might need them later in the project.








I did get a building done this week. Boy it had a lot of windows! It's the building on the right that is just below the brownstones.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think for this new building I will make the window panes dark and use a blue purple and a fossil fern pink purple. I have a snow dyed fabric that will give a lot of variation across the windows.
 









I used my iPad to see how this would look if repeated across the building. Of course I still have to cut it out to see how it will really look. Well now to get back to it!

Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. That pile of snippets made me chuckle! It's been awhile, but I've been in the same boat and yes, one does not toss any of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you dye your own fabrics? I don't recall every seeing you mention dyeing. There are a lot of windows that's for sure! You have so much patience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.