Wednesday, July 6, 2022

My brain is scrambled

 I  have been working away on the Boston Collage and have done 3 more buildings. The bottom building on the right side really gave me some real problems. I went round and round with fabric choices for the windows and trim which turned out were not what I thought I would use initially. So I settled on some and cut out all the windows and trim and when I was done I thought to myself, “Wow that looks great. It's a beautiful building.”

Then as I looked at it I began to wonder if it was reading too light. “Crap,” I said (although I did not say crap). “Now what??” I used intense pencils to darken the trim. You can see that in the photo below. So much better. It's amazing how the windows and trim can change the overall value of the building. I would imagine the thread I use to stitch the buildings will be important, too.

Also I made 2 of the 3 or 4 buildings on the left side.

We are going away for a few days for our anniversary to the finger lakes in New York so I will link to Nina-Marie today.

Thanks for reading.

Have you ever used intense pencils?

Chris

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. Can't wait to see this one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you mean Derwent Inktense Pencils and yes I have. Sometimes just to touch up a spot like a piece of white thread that is too bright or more recently I coloured a whole vase full of flowers on fabric because my original design plan was not going to work. Boston is moving right along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Chris! I've been meaning to try those Inktense pencils but haven't seen them anywhere locally.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.