Friday, July 15, 2022

If something bothers you…..change it

This week there were a few things about the buildings on the lower left that I added last week that bothered me. I’ve often told my students to change things that bother them. Heavens knows how many times over the years that something bothered me and I tore it out. That would include pieces as well as quilting stitches. So as I looked at these buildings I decided that the little one on the far left with the dark purple windows looked lost. I have 2 choices in terms of dealing with that. Either make the building bigger or try moving it up. In the photo I moved it up. After I finish the building at the bottom below it I will decide it this is enough or whether I need to redo it and make it larger. I’ve placed potential fabrics for that building.

The other thing that bothered me was the light side of the building with the grid lines. I tried placing a darker purple over the top of the light fabric and thought that looked better. Of course I have to actually cut that piece. The other thing I need to decide is about the grid lines. Are they dark enough? Maybe they need to be a touch darker. That decision I will make after I fix the let side of the building.

Do you take things out when they bother you? Or do you leave them? How about FMQ? I’ve even done that and boy is that a pain to tear out! linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading.

Chris


1 comment:

  1. It may not bother anyone else, but if it bothers you, you will always see it. Better to make changes than to forever wish you had. And yes, I've even taken out free motion quilting that wasn't quite right but might have passed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.