Friday, June 10, 2022

Getting geared up

I am finally getting back into working on my very large Boston collage quilt!! I had my fiber group at my house on Monday and they saw what I was working on and went crazy for it. That got me motivated to get back to it. I have been lazy lately.

So I've printed out the next set of buildings that I will be working on. I print these out to scale and go over the features with pencil to know where windows, etc will go. Also when you print these photos this large they get very blurry and pixelated so the features must be defined better. I also simplify them somewhat to be something I can actually do in fabric.


 Now the next step will be to pick out background fabrics for all of these buildings. I think there are 9 buildings in this set of buildings. I will not use 9 different fabrics, however. I will repeat fabrics just like I did with the brownstone section that is above these new buildings.

Here's the quilt on my design wall. A couple of fabrics are just hanging there as potentials. Will be going through all the fabrics I've pulled out for the quilt. The buildings are getting darker as I move downward in the scene so they have to be darker than those above, but not as dark as those below. I might pull fabrics for those buildings as well to make sure I have what I need.


Liking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading. Also thanks for all the comments on my last blog about getting into the Images art show in State College in July.

Chris

3 comments:

  1. This piece is fantastic! Good to get back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have truly captured Boston (College), my home town. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just shake my head at the complexity of the quilts you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.