Friday, August 19, 2022

Trial and error. Error and trial.

I spent the week prepping to make the brownstones on the left side of the Boston quilt. I printed the full size pattern and started thinking about what fabrics to use for the background of these 2 brownstones.

Here is the original photo. 


Initially I thought that the blue violet used in other parts of the quilt would be the background.

Choice #1

Then I thought the red violet would look better and ordered more of those fabrics.

Choice #2


Choice #3

Then I thought about blues for these 2 brownstones. I even picked one that has some of the teal shades in it that the sky scrapers have.

Choice #4

Choice #5

Then what about red violet and blue?

Choice #6

Of course these buildings run from top to bottom and will have features like windows and trim that will cover a lot of these background fabrics. That will change how they look drastically. So even after I am done choosing the background lots of other choices remain to be made!

I'm leaning toward #4 or #5, but could be convinced of anything! I think just the red violet is pretty dull and boring. But then I could incorporate blues into the windows and trim if I made that choice for the background. Or incorporate red violet as windows and trim if I choose the blue options. What do you think? This would be so easy if I did not struggle so much with fabric choices........

Linking to Nina-Marie

Thanks for reading.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. I feel like it needs both blue and red violet. Especially the RV for balance. Good luck with your choices. Ha, nobody said this was easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.