Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Some progress...well at least a little

I have been getting ready to teach my class on making an art quilt from a photo so I did not get a lot done on the Boston quilt. The class is at my house so I had to clean as well as get the materials ready for the class. The first class was yesterday (Tues, Sept 20) and it went well. The students have some really nice photos to work with and are very excited to take the class.

The final  building on the Boston quilt is taking shape, but is very complicated.


I have to get this done soon because the pieces are getting wiggly due to gravity on the design wall. It will be good to take them down and iron and stitch the pieces in place. Some day I plan on counting up how many windows are in this quilt. Maybe we should have a guessing contest like guessing how many jelly beans are in a jar! How many window panes are in this quilt.....

Thanks for reading.

Linking to Nina-Marie http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Chris


1 comment:

  1. How many windows contest? Hah! I am fascinated with your Boston collage process and although I totally relate to life getting in the way of one's progress, I am really looking forward to seeing this one take shape for you. I love the way the color palette creates a mood and how you've captured the way that light in the early morning filters down into a densely developed city block from above. The more I look at it, the more I find to love. Have an AMAZING class with your lucky students, Chris!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.