Friday, September 30, 2022

Twice is not enough

Why do things once or twice when you can do them three times? I started making the last window in the last building of the Boston quilt. I picked a dark background fabric for the building and a really dark fabric for the window sashing. Then I picked a fabric for the window panes. Then I changed my mind and picked a darker fabric for them. After cutting out all the 50 plus darker window panes I decided it was too dark and I should have stuck with my original choice. So I used the panes I already cut out as the patterns to cut out the panes in my original fabric. So that’s twice. I’m happy with the fabric, but the panes are not as accurate as they were the first time around. The sashing is now irregular and too narrow. Too much error. I should have drawn the pattern again. Now I have to do it a third time. Hopefully I get it right this time!

Have you ever had to redo things several times? I’m sure this is not my first time doing it and certainly not my last. Or maybe my lesson is to stick with my first choice. So I will do it again. What’s 50 more window panes at this point? This whole thing reminds me of when I used to sew my own clothing. I remember a dress I was making and I sewed something wrong. I think I sewed the side seams wrong. I sewed the right front to the left back and the left front to the right back. So it was twisted. I ripped it out and sewed it again and did it exactly the same wrong way a second time. How dumb can you be? So this is not a new phenomenon. 

Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading.

Chris



2 comments:

  1. Oh, that ripping out and redoing only to discover you repeated your original error - that sounds familiar! I am sure I have done that both when making clothes and making quilts. You have incredible perseverance. And now we know just how many windows you are dealing with without our having to count them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have possibly done this 'double do the mistake', but I have successfully blocked it out!












    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.