Friday, January 19, 2024

Some feedback

 In my smart phone photo class with Ricky Tims I got some good feedback on my photos.

Week 1 was to pick a work for the year and I picked EVOLVE. This is the photo and below it are his comments. His comments have a black background because of the website. There are about 50 students in the class and he picks 10 photos to comment on.

Evolving sky

Selected for comment: As a vantage point, we are low and the heavens are high - but giving just a bit of the roofs and trees, we connect with the glorious - evolving clouds. The drama is huge.


Vantage Point

I figured since he commented on my photo last week that he won’t comment on mine this week. The lesson was on taking a photo from a different vantage point. Mine is the house and porch above. He did pick mine as one of the ones to comment on.

Selected for comment. I'm doubtful anyone has seen this porch from this vantage point, at least not more than once in a blue moon. We connect with the architectural design! We engage with the porch, it helps tell the story, but the impact is architecture and repetition. I like how all the lines converge center right.

Wrap skirt
Besides taking photos in this nasty cold weather I made my daughter a wrap skirt from her grandmother’s fabric. This way she will have something to remember her by when she wears the skirt. Her grandmother used to quilt and this was one of her left over backing fabrics.

The photo lesson this week is LANDSCAPE. I have a couple to pick from so far. The rule is it has to be focused on landscape even if there are animals in the photo. So I’m not sure of the shore photo with the birds. The second one is showing all the dead vegetation this time of year and the mountains in the background. Central Pennsylvania is beautiful. The third one is a stream near us. Today it it snowing so maybe a snow landscape would be nice. I have until Sunday night to submit a photo. I do like the shore birds. One is a great blue heron and the other an egret. Nice reflections, too. This week we get to put the photos in a filter called Distressed FX. I haven’t done that yet.




Thanks for reading.
Chris


2 comments:

  1. I like the bird landscape best, you could edit them out, if allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might go with the second one. My eye was immediately struck by the way you captured the angled line lower left to mid right of the value change between field and tree area. Led my eye right along, and then just a peak of mountains. Very dynamic for such a potentially drab landscape.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.