Thursday, February 8, 2024

Stage one

I’ve pieced the background of my denim recycle piece and added the trees. My husband only had stone washed jeans so I have dark blue paint to turn this into a night scene. Since I plan on adding the lightning bugs this has to be a night scene and a summer scene. So that’s why I have to paint the denim dark blue and I still have to add foliage to the trees. Can’t have bare trees in the summer. This is just the beginning of the process. It did feel good to get back into the sewing room and work on something after taking time off. 

Pile of cut up jeans



So now onto adding the foliage, sewing the pieces in place and then painting. Lots of fun ahead.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

4 comments:

  1. I love how you imagine your next pieces and determine how to create them so beautifull! Fun reading your blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooo - that looks like such a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I found the owl! How are you doing this? Applique?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.