Sunday, September 20, 2026

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

If you watched the Sopranos you would recognize that line.  This surreal image has become like an itch I can’t scratch. I tried a lot of different variations yesterday and they were just too cluttered. I keep coming back to my original idea of the woman/tree, raven, and moon. 

I kept asking myself what is not right about it that I keep looking elsewhere for an idea? I finally hit on the answer. There’s no connection between the woman/tree and the raven. She is not even looking at the raven. I missed that connection so I tried to make a physical connection between them with the tree branch as well as having her look at the raven instead of past him. 

Here’s the original and the new version. Finally I feel excited about the new version (at least for now). It will be a challenge, but with Jennifer Sampou ombré sky and chalk and charcoal fabrics those color and value variations can be tackled. At least I hope so. The moon, raven, and the face form a nice triangle.

Original 
New version

Here’s Jennifer Sampou storm sky ombré. The face would get the lightest part of the fabric. I would have to see it in person to know if it’s the right one. I have a few of her sky fabrics already. I don’t know if I have that one.


Or if I want less blue and more gray her slate ombré might work. Again I would have to see it.



I’m sure the new version will have plenty of tweaks when I start creating it. That’s just how it goes. I guess I’ll see if I’m up for the challenge. 

At this point I am done with this. This time I mean it. 

Thanks for reading. 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.