Monday, September 21, 2026

The family and their hats

My husband and I have always laughed at this photo of my family from the 60’s with our hats on. If you lived through that time you will remember that everyone wore hats especially to church. So I decided to use that photo in the table runner for my sister’s birthday gift. 

I used AI to enhance the photo because it was really faded. Then I used AI to add a Halloween background to it. I printed it on EQ printable fabric and added the pumpkins and Halloween backing. 

My sister likes both sides and has displayed her vintage Halloween things on both sides. I had no idea she would be thrilled about the backside of the quilt. Good thing I picked a good one. I guess the lesson is to think about the backing and not just the front of a quilt.





Thanks for reading.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful tablerunner with that old photo--love the pumpkins;)))
    --I do recall always wearing a hat--to go shopping "downtown" and to church.
    I still love hats actually; and my Mom always wore her baseball cap whenever she went out...I also sport one when I go for my walks...
    I love those old movies where the men wear fedoras and the womens' brims shaded part of their faces..so romantic I think :))))
    Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful holiday gift! Your creativity knows no bounds!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.